Read the statements below. Keep track of all the statements you can say "yes" to.
- I feel sleepy during the day, even when I get a good night's sleep.
- I get very irritable when I can't sleep.
- I often wake up at night and have trouble falling back to sleep.
- It usually takes me a long time to fall asleep.
- I often wake up very early and can't fall back to sleep.
- I usually feel achy and stiff when I wake up in the morning.
- I often seem to wake up because of dreams.
- I sometimes wake up gasping for breath.
- My bed partner says my snoring keeps her/him from sleeping.
- I’ve nodded off while driving.
- I can't keep my legs still while in bed.
- I have trouble at work, school, or home due to fatigue.
If you answered with more than two "yes" statements, you may want to discuss your sleep problem with your health care professional.
Important to note: Only a healthcare professional or sleep specialist can make an accurate diagnosis, and if needed, recommend a treatment plan.